PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Egg Quiche

In following through with my renewed commitment this fall to pursuing the art of serving good food with love (see my previous entry), I'll be sharing some posts periodically featuring some favorite recipes of mine.

One of my favorite things to make for breakfast is a trusted recipe that I have used for years ... Egg Quiche. It's one that I use often when we have family or friends here for night, as it is such an easy recipe to assemble for breakfast in the morning. It doesn't require a crust, which makes it extra quick to make. It also works great for just the two of us at home now, as I can make up a recipe of it, and store it in the refrigerator to use for a number of breakfasts.

Earlier this morning this quiche recipe was calling for my attention ... such a treat to enjoy it again for breakfast. And so easy to make, with just 5 main ingredients:

Egg Quiche

6 eggs
3-4 slices bacon (I use the pre-cooked bacon)
dry, minced onion
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 can evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the bacon in the microwave, according to directions.
Crumble, and place on bottom of a buttered 9" pie plate.
Sprinkle the onion on top of the bacon.
Put the cheese over the bacon and onion.


Next, mix the eggs and milk, and pour over the top.
Add a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Test by inserting knife (should come out clean);
remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving.


Serve a slice of quiche, together with some toast or a muffin, and your choice of fruit ... and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment