PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hold My Hand

I picked up an amazing little book last week while my husband and I were running the bookstore at the Student Venture Getaway Conference at the YMCA of the Rockies. In the book, the author, Sarah Young, models how to slow down and listen to God. Listening through His Word, and also listening, just by being quiet before Him. She has made it a practice of recording the thoughts that God brings to her mind while she is quiet before Him.

Yesterday morning as I read the portion for the day in her devotional book, Jesus Calling, I was so encouraged and refreshed. I want to try to put into practice some of the things that she shares in the preface ... about listening, and writing down the words that God brings to our minds as we wait and listen to Him.

Here are her words that I read yesterday:

"Hold My hand - and trust. So long as you are conscious of My presence with you, all is well. It is virtually impossible to stumble while walking in the Light with Me. I designed you to enjoy Me above all else. You find the deepest fulfillment of your heart in Me alone."

"Fearful, anxious thoughts melt away in the Light of My Presence. When you turn away from Me, you are vulnerable to the darkness that is always at work in the world. Don't be surprised by how easily you sin when you forget to cling to My hand. In the world, dependency is seen as immaturity. But in My kingdom, dependence on Me is a prime measure of maturity."

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken."
(Psalm 62:5-6)


No comments:

Post a Comment