PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, June 14, 2010

Created for a Purpose

As I mentioned in my previous post, it is so good to stop and consider God's amazing creation. And as we pause from our busyness and reflect on God's creation, we also have to deal with the question of why we are here, and what is to be our response to this great Creator God.

Francis Chan writes: "This is why we are called to worship Him. His art, His handiwork, and His creation all echo the truth that He is glorious. There is no other like Him. He is the King of Kings, the Beginning and the End, the One who was and is to come. I know you've heard this before, but I don't want you to miss it."

And here are some words from Colossians that are filling my thoughts this morning:

"For by Him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him." (Colossians 1:16)

What is my response, being a part of God's creation ... to Him, the great Creator God?

I am "created by Him and for Him". How often do I think that the world revolves around me? How often do I have a bitter or grumbling spirit when something doesn't go my way? How often do I tell God how I think something should go?

What if something that I crafted for a specific purpose could speak and tell me that they would rather be something else, would rather be used for a different purpose than what I made it for? And what if a beautiful china teapot decided that it would much rather be used as a cooking appliance that could produce delicious entrees, rather than being content to be used to serve soothing, refreshing tea?

I know I have done that. I have wished at times that I could be something that I am not, instead of embracing the details of how God made me.

As we surrender to our Creator and live for His purposes that He created us for, we find the fulfillment that we were created for. I can think of no better way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment