PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, March 1, 2021

In the Kitchen: Apple Cake

 

I can hardly believe that there were no posts here all through the month of February! In the midst of multiple appointments, and many responsibilities, I guess we were just enjoying the cozy winter days by our electric fireplace stove ... engrossed in other projects, including reading some really good books!

But here I am, finally, on this first day of March with another post! This lovely month brings one of my favorite seasons ... spring! And just maybe it will bring more times of sharing from my heart and home here on my blog, as well!

We were with our CityGroup friends (small group within Citylight) yesterday, gathering together as we do twice each month. I offered to bring the dessert, and decided to make a recipe that one of our daughters had made over the holidays when we were in her home ... Apple Cake, drizzled with a delicious caramel sauce. (Thank you for sharing the recipe with me, Carrie!) We left our sweet time together with friends, with several requests for the recipe! As this is an easy way to share my recipes, this also is bringing me back to another thing I love doing ... sharing here on my blog. 

This recipe is sooo very delicious, and I'm so very grateful for Carrie sharing it with me. I am a lover of all things caramel, and this combination of caramel together with a moist apple cake, is one of my favorites!




Apple Cake

Course: Desserts

Serves:

Ingredients

  • 1 12 cups oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 12 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3 cups flour
  • 4 cups apples, chopped no need to peel

  • Caramel Topping:
  • 1 Tbsp flour
  • 12 cup brown sugar
  • 12 cup white sugar
  • 12 cup butter
  • 12 cup heavy cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cream oil and sugar together, add eggs and vanilla and mix together.

Add dry ingredients and mix.

Stir in apples (and also add some chopped nuts, if desired).

Spoon into greased and floured bundt pan (or 9x13 pan).

Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees.

For caramel topping:

Mix the five ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.

Drizzle over cake when serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment