PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

How Do You Wait?



When we're in need
of comfort, or direction,
wisdom, or peace,
where do we go?

And where do we go amidst
this very challenging year 
in our country, in our world.
One challenge on top of
another, running together,
never-stopping.

Keeping up with the news
is good; but keeping our eyes
constantly on the news doesn't
bring us peace, or even answers.
For our hope is not in news,
or even in man's best efforts.

But I can give my prime time,
my best time, my everyday time;
 all that I am
to waiting on God.

For our hope is in Him.
And we will find comfort,
direction, wisdom,
and peace.


"Let all that I am
wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock 
and my salvation,
my fortress where
I will not be shaken.
He is my refuge,
a rock where 
no enemy can reach me.
O my people,
trust in God at all times.
Pour out your heart to Him,
for God is our refuge"
(Psalm 62:5-8 NLT)


Praying these words for my own heart, and also for yours. And for each one in this troubled world filled with pain and hurt. He is the source of hope, of refuge, of all that we long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment