PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Nine Days into 2020



Just nine days into this New Year 2020. How am I doing? How are you doing? It's been a full nine days - for me: prep for our family home for a January Christmas this year ... a funeral, a gathering of cousins, a movie with a friend, sharing my heart and my care with another friend suffering with ALS, sending cards to family (thank you's, a birthday, an anniversary), easing back into our last semester as full-time staff with Cru. It's been a full nine days so far. And I'm thankful for gentle reminders ...
In the midst of the activity,
in the joys and also the challenges;
He calls us to quiet our hearts,
He calls us to "Be Still". "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10 ESV) "In quietness and trust is your strength." (Isaiah 30:15 NIV) "You're my place of quiet retreat; I wait for your Word to renew me." (Psalm 119:114 MSG) "Let all that I am wait quietly before God." (Psalm 62:5a NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment