PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, February 28, 2019

A Collection: Books I'm Reading, A Snowy Winter, and Thanking God for His Care

A little rambling post this last day of February ... a collection of memories and happenings from this month. A cold, snowy month here, filled with cancellations and "snow days", and also a sweet month of rest and of God's love and care. 

Books I'm Reading ...





Amidst the days of Cru ministry/work, and family connections ... I always love to make little pockets of time to read. It feeds my soul. 

For my daily times of connection with God, I am focusing on reading through Matthew, as that is what our pastors at Citylight Omaha are teaching on now. I love following along with reading the passage for each week's teaching, and am enjoying reading out of my new (in(courage Devotional Bible (not pictured above). And also, I am reading Paul David Tripp's New Morning Mercies, which holds a one-page reading for each day of the year. So very good in bringing the truths of the Gospel into every area of our lives.

I'm also continuing reading Salt Fat Acid Heat, a thorough, detailed book on the essential basics of cooking, recommended by a food blogger that I follow. I'm a great one for following recipes, but this book teaches the why and how of putting ingredients together. 

Just Open the Door by Jen Schmidt caught my attention when it was published last year, as I always desire to learn more on the sharing of our hearts and home. I am looking forward to reading the bulk of this book in March.

And it was a joy to find a new fiction book that I absolutely loved! I started and finished The Masterpiece during the month of February! Perfect for those cold, snowy evenings we had throughout the month. If you haven't read this yet, you really must read this latest book by Francine Rivers. Written so well, and a beautiful story of God's redemption, and how He creates a masterpiece out of each person who turns their lives over to Him.

Cold, Snowy Days, and God's Care for Us ...


This digital scrapbook page pretty much sums up what our winter has been like ... snow, snow, and more snow. We were so very blessed by a son-in-law and grandson, and also some very kind neighbors who helped us repeatedly with clearing our driveway! 

We experienced God's care in even more ways this past month. Early in the month my dear husband had a health scare that even required for me to call 911. It's the first time in my life that I have ever needed to do that. I am so very grateful that all turned out okay for my husband. He experienced a type of a "seizure" that day. After multiple doctor visits and medical tests through the month, it was determined that what he experienced is an after-affect of the (mild) stroke that he had three years ago this month. Gary is now on meds for that concern, and he has been back to work/ministry as usual all through the month. 

How does a person even know how to thank God for His care? I am so very grateful for His care for us, over and over again. Day by day with the routine happenings of life, and also, with the big scary emergency things of life. How we need Him, for everything. His mercies are new each morning.


2 comments:

  1. Loved catching up on your blog today, Mom! Was fun to see what books you are reading! Will have to try that new Francine Rivers one...I love her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very fun to see your comment here, Carrie! And yes, you would really love this book! Will have to text you about an idea ...

      Delete