PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Praying Scripture: A Prayer of Surrender



Let me hear of 
Your unfailing love
each morning,
for I am trusting You.

Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to You.
(Psalm 143:8)

You are my shelter
and my shield,
I put my hope
in Your Word.
(Psalm 119:114)


Lord, there are unending thoughts and concerns
that threaten to crowd into my mind and my heart as I awake -
voices calling me to tasks, to responsibilities,
and also clouding my mind with worry and concern.

But above all the noise and all the concerns
that threaten to overtake my thoughts, my heart;
I long to hear first of all, and most of all, from You.
May I hear Your Words of love, Your unfailing love -
each morning - above all else, and before all else.

Show me where to walk today, what to do, what to think;
I surrender to You; I give this day to You.
I give myself to You.
You alone are my shelter and my shield;
I put my hope in Your Word this day, and all through this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment