PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

In the Kitchen


Just for fun - a few things that happened in the kitchen last week ...



This happened for lunch one day - salad greens, with added chopped veggies (cucumbers, celery, peppers, tomatoes), sliced hard boiled eggs ... and topped off with sliced crispy chicken strips (from the grocery freezer section). We like to have this fairly often for lunch, sometimes slicing up chicken from the grill, sometimes using the purchased chicken strips.


This happened one day, filling our home with the aroma of freshly baked bread. I love this Herb Bread recipe from The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook. I like to let my bread machine prepare the dough, and then I transfer the dough to a bread pan to rise and bake, resulting in a beautifully shaped loaf. On this day, I used the bread machine for two cycles, resulting in two loaves - one to use right away, and one for the freezer.


Last week Wednesday happened to hold a double treat at our home: a sweet granddaughter here for the day ... and, some help in the kitchen! Ali helped me make Pizza English Muffins for our lunch together. Some to eat right away, and some for another day.


Then near the end of the week last week, on a cool, rainy day, this happened ... menu planning! Sometimes I go for awhile without actually writing out my menus, but it always results in a much better week in the kitchen when I take the time to plan menus. 

What is happening in your kitchen these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment