PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Is Repentance a Lost Practice?


Maybe sometimes we need to be reminded of where life comes from. For we can find ourselves reaching for all the wrong things to find peace for our souls. 

Maybe instead of trying to fix things ourselves and find our own answers to our problems, we need to live our lives with an attitude of repentance. An attitude of humility before God. Of acknowledging that He knows best, and we do not.

Maybe we need to pray this prayer. Not just once, but every day ...

Search me, O God,
and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends You,
and lead me along the
path of everlasting life.
(Psalm 139:23-24 NLT)

And as we continually, day-by-day, live out a life of repentance, and surrender ... we will find that we are on a pathway to freedom. And to real life. 

Finally, I confessed all my sins to You
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, "I will confess
my rebellion to the Lord."
And You forgave me! All my guilt is gone.
(Psalm 32:5 NLT)

Instead of living a life of defeat and of guilt, we experience life on the best path.

The Lord says, "I will guide you
along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you
and watch over you."
(Psalm 32:8 NLT)

Thankful for these words and thoughts as I am reading through She Reads Truth: Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross, leading up to Easter. I needed to be reminded of repentance. Day by day repentance. 

(Credit to SRT for the photo above - 
and click here to read their whole devotional on repentance.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment