PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Best Ever Slow Cooker Roast


Beef roast, potatoes, and carrots - a traditional Sunday dinner menu at our home when our kids were growing up. But it has actually been awhile since I have prepared this menu. A slow cooker roast recipe caught my attention recently, and I knew it was time to serve this menu again!

And also, it was a great reason to use my new Crock-Pot Casserole Slow Cooker again, a birthday gift last fall ...


It worked perfectly for a Sunday dinner, as the recipe cooks on High for 6 hours. I browned the roast and prepared the veggies the night before (keeping all in the frig overnight), and started it cooking about 6:30 am. 


The Beef Consomme in the recipe added to the flavor ... so great to walk into our home after church, and have the aroma of a flavorful beef roast dinner filling our home.

Best Ever Slow Cooker Roast - click here for recipe.

What's your favorite way to cook roast?

No comments:

Post a Comment