I love these muffins. And I especially love it that my hubby often makes them! He likes to have a nutritious breakfast, and often mixes up something early in the morning. A practice started in the days when I did not feel well for most of the months of each of my six pregnancies. Even now, in our empty nest years, my sweet hubby likes to make breakfast food. I am blessed.
These freeze well. But they won't last long. They are nutritious and they are good; easy to grab for breakfast.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup honey (or fructose)
- 3 cups oats, old-fashioned
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1 cup nuts chopped
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Beat eggs. Add liquid ingredients; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients except nuts and fruit; mix well.
- Add nuts and fruit. Stir thoroughly.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.