Twenty-three family members were here at our home for our Family Thanksgiving this past Saturday - such a wonderful time together! One of our traditions is to have an appetizer spread in the evening, after our big feast earlier in the day. This is one of several recipes that I served, along with the others that our daughters brought. Easy to prepare ahead (even a few days in advance), and have all ready to put into the slow cooker to warm up. (I tripled this recipe for my 2 1/2 quart slow cooker.)
- 1 pound kielbasa or Polish sausage fully cooked, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 jar apricot preserves (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet; cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Return sausage to the pan; cook for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
- Note: I prefer to use a slow cooker for the last step of heating the sausage and the apricot mixture together, and then keeping on warm to serve.
- Yield: 4 dozen slices