PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, September 20, 2012

First Thoughts


At the start of a new day, from my first waking moments - what are my first thoughts? What are the things that occupy my mind first of all? The thoughts that determine the course of my day.

"Seek to please Me above all else.
Let that goal be your focal point as you go through this day ... 
Without a focal point to guide you,
you can easily lose your way.
That's why it is so important to stay in communication with Me,
living in thankful awareness of My Presence."
(Jesus Calling)

Sometimes I wake up with tasks on my mind, occupied in my own plans; sometimes I wake up filled with worry about a concern - but I desire most of all to wake up with one question on my mind. What do You have for me today - what do You want me to focus on most of all today?

"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else,
and live righteously,
and He will give you everything you need."
(Matthew 6:33)

Lord, help my first thoughts to be of You, and my first activity of the day be responding to You.

(Photo above: an early morning view this week through a window in our basement exercise/playroom.)


1 comment:

  1. Love this reminder. It's so true. My focus is never really there until I turn to Him. I love the name of your blog, by the way. :) ~ Pam, Apples of gold, http://wordglow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete