PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanks-giving

Beautiful hand-painted artwork in Florence, Italy - a picture of peace, and blessing.

"Leave outcomes up to Me. 
Follow Me wherever I lead, without worrying about how it will all turn out. 
Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your Guide and Companion.
 Live in the now, concentrating on staying in step with Me." 
(Jesus Calling)

Such good words - for busy days, and for ordinary days. Live in the now, and always, keep in step with God, keeping company with Him throughout our days. Words that I have been reminded of during this past week.  

"Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness
while I am here in the land of the living.
Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."
(Psalm 27:13-14)


Notes of thanks, as recorded in my journal this past week:

Thank You, Lord, for:

~ several events cancelled in the beginning of what was going to be a very full week (something I had been concerned about)
~ patiently revealing to me another weakness of mine that I wasn't clearly aware of (helpful to understand this perspective)
~ a fun meal and evening together with our staff team, welcoming a new couple who will be part-time with us on our team
~ laughter and relaxing as we played Apples-to-Apples after our meal
~ our 21 year-old son coming out for the whole day, helping his dad get firewood for the winter
~ great conversation with this son, and the fun of sending him home with some home cooked food, and also some groceries
~ renewing my heart, and refreshing me with Your Words
~ a start on my Christmas baking
~ a daughter and two grandsons stopping by one evening - so good to see them
~ taking our five year-old granddaughter (in Texas) safely through her outpatient eye surgery
~ texting and phone calls with her mother during the surgery, and afterwards
~ photos, and blog posts so we can see how our granddaughter is doing with her recovery
~ improvement already evident with her eye problem
~ meeting our needs and giving us just what we need each day
~ the joy of cooking a turkey and a crock pot full of dressing for a Cru Thanksgiving meal for international students
~ a husband who helps out with the cleaning, preparing for a full house on Thanksgiving Day
~ Your provision so we can stock up on groceries for holiday cooking and baking


(One Thousand Gifts #759-775)

Linking up with Multitudes on Mondays








1 comment:

  1. keeping company with Him throughout the day- this is my goal this week. thank you for the inspiration. blessings from Uganda

    ReplyDelete