PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Letting Go to Be Filled

Photo Source

Letting go means opening up to something better. My mother heart is preparing for more letting go, as a son makes plans to travel far. And with six grown children in all, there is always more letting go.

Sometimes we try to hang on to things or people, thinking that we must be in control. But when we feel that we are the ones in control, we must also be the ones who carry the weight of responsibility. 

In place of control and in place of being burdened with responsibility, God asks us to let go, and to let Him be in charge. 

"Walk with Me and work with Me - 
watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with Me,
and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
(Matthew 11:29-30 The Message)

Loving Lord, thank You for reminding me (again) that the best way to love is to let go, humbling myself and recognizing that You can do things much better than even my own best efforts. And as I release my control, I will find freedom and will be able to live lightly while You are at work in the lives of those I love the most. 

Linking up with others at Walk with Him Wednesdays

3 comments:

  1. Letting go is hard! I like to try and keep everything under my control. But it isn't is it? So freeing to know He can handle it all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have written much about this, and the concept of living empty to be filled~ Bless you for these reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well said mom...love you and praying for you! this was encouraging to me tonight. thank you.

    ReplyDelete