PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, August 30, 2010

Just Walk with Me

Some of my very favorite verses are found in Matthew 11:28-30. And I especially like The Message translation for these verses.

"Are you tired? Burned out on religion?
Come to Me. Get away with Me and
you'll recover your life.
Walk with Me and work with Me -
watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with Me,
and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Sometimes we make things harder than we should. It is all quite simple. Stay closely connected with Jesus, walk closely with Him through the moments of our days.

Just focus on keeping company with Him. So simple. Yet so easy to miss.

Lord, help us not to miss the way to live freely and lightly today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment