PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, November 13, 2015

Make-Ahead Pie Crust


These are busy days here at our house, as we prepare to have 24 (yes, two dozen!) family members here for Thanksgiving Day! Our whole family will be home - our six grown children, four sons-in-law, and ten grandkids. With the two of us, and my 94 year-old father, and my husband's brother - we will be 24!

I'm always needing to prepare as much as possible for our Thanksgiving feast ahead of time. And of course, my sweet daughters bring part of the meal, too.

Pie crust is one item that can be prepared ahead of time. Yesterday I took time to prepare a Pie Crust Mix recipe that I have been making for years. 




After mixing up the ingredients, I rolled out the dough for several pumpkin pies, packaged up the pie plates, and then put them in the freezer. It will be so easy to pull them out during Thanksgiving week, fill with pumpkin pie filling, and bake.

The rest of the pie crust mix was divided into five freezer bags to pull out and use in future weeks/months.

You can view the recipe, along with some photos explaining the process of making the mix - by clicking here.

What kinds of pie will you be having on Thanksgiving Day?


Linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment