PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Slowing, to Listen


Busyness, noise, and activity seem to be the norm in our world. Everywhere we go, and even in our homes - it is so often the default. And sometimes it takes a gentle reminder, a conscious effort, or even a jolt of a hard trial - to really slow us down. To slow our hearts, and our souls. To listen. And to hear. And to be embraced by Love.

Our lives have been exceptionally full for weeks, maybe months. And I am thankful for His reminders, and His provision - to pause, to take a deep breath. And I am filled up as I listen, and hear His whispers - calling me to rest.

Back from a trip (a very wonderful one), and starting up these weeks/months of summer days, I am reminded. To follow His promptings to purposely slow my heart. To cultivate a heart attitude of listening. To hear with open heart and soul, to listen deeply to Him. To pause each day, throughout each day - asking Him to guide each step, to fill each thought. Listening for His quiet whisper.

Show me Your ways, O Lord,
teach me Your paths;
Guide me in Your truth and teach me
for You are God my Savior,
and my hope is in You all day long.
(Psalm 25:4-5 NIV)


Do you find yourself in need of rest, of a conscious slowing so you can hear His whispers? I recommend a newly-released book by a blogger-friend, Bonnie Gray. Through her story and her rescue, she shares from her heart how to give your heart and soul room to breathe, space to hear and sense His love in the midst of the noise of life.

Click here to read more about her book.

Linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Cherry. I find that in the busyness of everyday, I often miss God's voice. If I don't take the time to rest and to listen, I get overwhelmed with other "stuff."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! This is what I want also...to be quiet enough to hear Him & His will in every area of my life! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete